Customer Care Manager
This critical position will be central to our Patient Advocacy and Reimbursement group.
Overall responsibilities will be to build, develop and maintain relationships with patients, physicians, pharmacists and others who are directly or indirectly involved with the patient and their care for HoFH. Other responsibilities include educating the patient and others about HoFH, our Program, and lomitapide. The individual will lead all efforts to enroll patients in Program and work in concert with our partners to expedite insurance verification and coverage for lomitapide upon FDA approval.
Position will report to Senior Director, Reimbursement and Specialty Distribution Services.
- Point of contact for patients and providers for all reimbursement/access-related questions regarding lomitapide
- Experience with Benefits Investigation (BI)/Prior Authorization/Appeal process regarding health insurance for patients with high cost medication; oral medication experience preferred.
- Gather and enter patient information into department database regarding patient insurance in a timely and accurate manner. Update database as appropriate.
- Experience with Patient Assistance Program(s) and Financial Assistance preferred.
- Develop positive, ongoing relationships with customers, Partner “Hub” counterparts, National Accounts and sales personnel
- Proactively partner with sales personnel to identify and address Healthcare Professionals’ needs; identify where Customer Care Manager can contribute to, and support, individual business plan of sales personnel
- Conduct field presentations, conference calls, WebEx sessions and/or trade show representation to educate customers on Aegerion Program Services, Patient Assistance Programs and/or Commercial/Government prescription benefits
- Travel with sales representative(s) on sales calls to promote Aegerion Program Services, review patient benefit investigation/assistance results, provide customer support, as needed
- Maintain consistent communication with patient and physician office as well as across all business teams
- Maintain a current, proficient understanding of the Commercial Insurers, Medicaid, and Medicare Part D Benefit and Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) benefits and changes year-to-year
- Keep current on lomitapide reimbursement issues across US (i.e. State Pharmacy Assistance Programs, alternative funding, government programs, state-specific carriers, etc.)
- Communicate reimbursement updates and findings to appropriate internal and external customers
- Actively reach out to patients and providers to ensure all needs are met and appropriate support is being given on an individualized basis
- Answer and address calls from the Helpline; document all pertinent information on caller, question(s) asked, information given, etc.
- Work with Partner “Hub” to ensure that health care professionals are informed re: results of patients’ prescription coverage for lomitapide
- Collaborate to troubleshoot and resolve reimbursement-related issues with Partner “Hub”, team members, professionals and insurance companies
- Other duties as defined
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years healthcare related experience required.
- Previous experience with Medicare, Medicaid, medical billing, REMS or commercial payers a plus.
- Previous experience with case management tasks, proven presentation experience or experience with a medium to large sales organization preferred.
- Possess ability to develop relationships and manage multiple projects at once (multi-task) required.
- Must be able to learn reimbursement related concepts quickly.
- Must be an excellent communicator and problem-solver and be able to explain complex reimbursement scenarios to patients and healthcare professionals.
- Must be able to thrive in team environment and willing to contribute at all levels with flexibility and a positive attitude.
- Must communicate in a highly effective manner with high-touch, concierge, patient focused service levels.
Terms and Conditions
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources in care of email@example.com